Updated January 2017
Top Quadcopters across different price points
You probably don’t need just ANY drone. There might be a definite thought process behind your choice for the drone. Individual needs and preferences may vary. Some may need a high-quality professional drone for photography . While others search for soemthing cheap. Still, others believe in the categoric bifurcation of the drones into camera drones, FPV/racing drones, or toy drones. The application of drones should be developed into a different subject altogether. Such is their prevalence and relevance!
Keep reading to know more about the best drones in the market.
Best Quadcopters Under $100 ( Most Popular Category )
As a beginner, you might want to steer clear of super expensive models. Yes, you’ll be the talk of everyone around when you get the latest 200-dollar model that’s packed with tons of high-tech features. Chances are, you’ll just crash it since you’re not that experienced yet when it comes to maneuvering your drone in midair. If you are still at a loss as to which drones are perfect for you as a beginner, then you should start looking at drones that won’t cost you over $100. This way, crashing them won’t become a problem, plus you’ll have the chance to practice before upgrading your drone.
- Inexpensive and highly durable
- Doubles up as a training quadcopter for newcomers
Here are the top 4 drones under $100 that are perfect for beginners.
The Heli-Max 1SQ V-CAM
If you are looking for an excellent selection that would suit first-time pilots, then the Heli-Max 1SQ V-Cam A quadcopter is your perfect match. Compared to recent models, it could be a little on the expensive side, but an in-depth look at this model shows just how worth buying this drone is.
- Auto-flip capabilities that can make the drone somersault side-to-side, back-to-front, and front-to-back
- USB card reader and 2gb micro memory
- Built-in digital camera which lets the user record aerial videos and shoot still photos; transmitter should be activated
- Dimensions: 25.9 x 22.68. 11.43”
- Weight: 2.4 pounds
- Gyro: 6 axis
- Frequency: 2.4 G
- Extremely responsive, and features a wide range of handle options.
- Can be directed instantly towards a desired flying path.
- The RTF model comes with a 2.4 Gigahertz, four-channel radio transmitter, suggesting that this model can be flown both indoors and outdoors without worrying about low-level breeze and losing transmission.
- Its rugged build makes it durable enough to withstand a few accidents without gaining any extensive damages.
- Heli-Max 1SQ mods and Heli 1SQ parts are easy to find.
- A main downside of the Heli-Max 1SQ V-Cam Quadcopter is the battery; it only lasts for up to five minutes.
- Charging time will take up to 60 minutes long.
In spite of the problems with the battery power, this can be easily resolved by purchasing extra batteries to increase the drone’s flying time.
For pilots who are looking for a popular, affordable, yet durable brand, the Syma X5C would be a perfect choice. Unboxing it reveals a quadcopter, a controller, batteries, a charger, and a 720p camera. This is perfect for beginner pilots who need a mini training drone to start building their confidence in
- Durable body (almost indestructible)
- Large size which makes it easier to see while in midair (making the drone perfect for kids)
- Does flips by just the press of a button on the controller
- 2GC micro SD card and HD camera
- Wind-resistant; can be flown either outdoors or indoors
- Stable flight capabilities
- 7-minutes of flying time / 100 minutes charging time
- Dimensions: 12.2 x 12.2 x 3.1”
- Weight: 2.1 pounds
- Gyro: 6 axis
- The Syma X5C features one of the best quadcopter video cameras that shoots in 720p high-definition, and only costs less than $100.
- Runs smoothly in mild wind conditions.
- Runs for seven minutes with the camera in use; 11 minutes when the camera isn’t.
- Easy-to-find parts and comes with blade rotor guards.
- Similar to the DJI Phantom 2 Vision Plus regarding flight and looks, but 1/10 the price.
- Simple to handle, which is why it is perfect for beginners.
- Stable flight features and qualities.
- The white design and
colormight cause difficulties in establishing flight paths, as well as orientation when flying from a distance.
- Not the best drone for flying indoors.
- Its low-capacity battery can cause difficulty in sustaining control.
Hubsan x4 H107C
The Hubsan X4 (H107C) is the improved and upgraded version of the H107L model. This means it includes a more powerful battery that makes flying time longer, giving beginners longer practice time. It is lightweight yet durable enough to withstand occasional crashes.
- Camera that shoots in 720p resolution
- Lightweight and durable
- Includes a video recording module (requires the use of a micro SDHC card)
- 2.0 MP, HD 720P (1280x720)
- Transmitter support for both Mode 1 and 2 stick configurations
- Dimensions: 6.85 x 6.85 x 2.54”
- Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Gyro: 6 axis
- Flying time: 8 minutes
- Charging time: 30-40 minutes
- Control distance: 100m
- Has a built-in camera that’s fair in quality (ideal for beginners).
- Steady flight due to the 6-axis gyroscope.
- Efficient rotors allow the quadcopter to make quick turns.
- Can fly in six directions (forward,
backward, right, left, up, and down).
- Has an “advanced” option that caters to more experienced pilots.
- Comes with an extra set of propeller guards.
- The camera shoots at a resolution of 720x840.
- Parts and accessories are easy to find.
- Flight duration is decreased when the camera is in use.
- Rotor blades can sustain damage after accidents.
- In need of a separate MicroSD card.
The Estes Proto X
The Estes Proto X is known for being the smallest quadcopter available commercially in the market. Due to its small size, people can even fly it indoors to annoy their pets. The best part is that it’s probably the cheapest drone you’ll find being sold commercially. The only drawback is that the battery is pretty difficult to remove, but this won’t become a problem if you get used to it.
Overall, it’d make a great gift for kids this coming Christmas.
- Plastic body with trim and detail window
- Equipped with
an LEDlight that indicates the back and front of the drone; also helps flying in low light
- Small size makes it perfect for indoor use
Dimensions: 5.5 x 4 x 2.5”
Weight: 0.4 oz
- Sturdy, easy, and fun to fly due to its small size.
- Perfect for indoor flying.
- Mods are easily available.
- Breezy outdoors can be a challenge for flight stability.
- Limited battery power.
- The transmitter is tiny compared to other models.
- The occasional problem of not taking off.
- Parts are difficult to find.
If you’re planning to start your drone-flying today, then the four drones mentioned above are a great choice. Make sure you master your
Best Quadcopters Under $200 ( Most Popular )
These are the 3 best drones under your $200 budget.
- A little more expensive for a lot more features
- Better performance and battery backup
Landvo JJRC H8D
Landvo JJRC H8C was a huge success in the drone market. The new JJRC H8D model was launched in September 2015. This is a ready-to-fly out of the box quadcopter. The design of this model is somewhat similar to Cheerson CX20.
- Colors- red and orange.
- Antenna- 5.8 GHz frequency antenna.
- Battery- 2S 500 mAH Lipo battery.
- Camera Quality– 2.0 MP.
- Range- 100-150 meters
- Screen- 4.3″ LCD monitor which does not need any iOs or android device.
- Price – Approximately $120
- Gyro– 6 Axis
- Remote– 2.4 GHz Frequency
- The drone comes with two batteries and each battery takes approx. 90 minutes to charge. The flight time is approximately 8 minutes on a single charge up. This is pretty less when compared to the modern drones of 2016.
- H8D is better than any other low-priced drone.
- The drone is also equipped with some of the most useful features. One such feature is key return. This means that by pushing the stick of the drone in the direction opposite to the take-off, H8D will return to the pilot.
- Another useful feature is the headless mode. This feature means that the drone will fly in the direction in which the controller stick is pointing.
- The camera angle is perfectly adjustable. You can adjust it at the best possible angle for recording.
- The only drawback of this model is that it is very noisy. The noise is at such a decibel that it can overshadow the sound of the video.
- Also, when the transmission is weak, there can be a jello effect on the displayed video.
- The motors of the drone are not very durable.
It is one of the most affordable and durable drones which have ever been out on the market. There is no need to attach any extra parts to the body of this drone. It is a perfect flying object for both indoors and outdoors. It is one of the most bought quadcopters in the drone market. H8D is a perfect quadcopter for the beginners.
JJRC is that one drone manufacturing company which has managed to perform decently. It is one of the most competitive brands in the low-cost quadcopter market. The company has been releasing promising drones at pocket-friendly prices for some time now. One of its best creation is the H26D model. This model is one of the best toy grade drones. It is easy to fly and understand and has an average payload. The item is high on features and has a decent design when compared to other drones in the same price range. It is a top drone under $200.
- Battery– 7.4 V 1200 mAH Lipo
- Range– 300 meters
- Gimbal- 2 Axis
- Gyro– 6 Axis
- Camera– 3 MP
- Flight Time- Maximum 7 minutes
- Remote- 2.4 GHz Frequency
- Features- One-Key Return, Headless Mode
- Price- $111
- Resistant to common crashes.
- Has ABS protective frames and sturdy landing gears which are not easy to break.
- Has a very good range when compared to other drones in the same price range.
- The 3MP camera is a rarity among the drones in the same price range.
- The Gimbal allows the camera to function in four different directions.
- Has important features which are required in almost in any drone.
- The flight time is below average. This can be improved.
- The quadcopter is large when compared to other quadcopters in the same price range.
The pros of the model outweigh its cons. Many advantages like charging the battery via USB and other features compensate well for the low flight time. The quadcopter is well-suited for beginners and some expert pilots. Overall, it is a decent quadcopter and way better than Landvo JJRC H8D.
Enter your text here...
If you want a long flight time, JXD 509G is the right quadcopter for you. It is perhaps, the best quadcopter in the $100 range. This futuristic looking drone comes at an affordable price. The drone promises to deliver a great flight experience for its cost.
- Battery- 3.7 V 600 mAH Lipo
- Camera– 2 MP
- Flight Time– Approximately 9 minutes
- Transmitter Frequency- 2.4 GHz
- Features- Headless mode, one key return, altitude holder, automatic landing
- Gyro– 6 Axis
- Price- $238
- The quadcopter is high on features.
- Very decent and futuristic design.
- Long flight time.
- Camera quality is good and better than most of the quadcopters in this range.
- Has all the basic features for a quadcopter like one key reutrn, headless mode, automatic landing etc.
- The altitude holder feature enables the quadcopter to hold the height.
- Crash resistant.
- The video quality is good and jello effect is minimum.
- The quadcopter is not suitable for flying on windy days as it is made up of very light material.
- The range is only 150 meters which is pretty low.
The drone has all the necessary features to provide a great flight to the pilot. The package includes all that you need for an outstanding flight. However, when considering the flight range, JJRC H26D is the best quadcopter in $100-$200 range.
Have a budget over $200 ?
Tags : best quadcopter under $100 ,best quadcopter under 100 ,best quadcopter for under $100 ,best quadcopter for under 100,best drones,best quadcopters